Skip to main content

Obtaining a green card

Philadelphia, PA |

i am married to a us citizen and he start filing for my green card now he is saying he want out of the marriage but we already sent off all information to immigration, what can i do?thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your best option is to consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can examine the facts of your acse and provide you with a legal opinion as to what options, if any are available to you under existing law. It is not possible to provide you with options without first conducting a complete interview that would enable you to provide the attorney with specific information. Remember that information posted on AVVO (even in the comments section) is subject to being read by the general public. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


A good place to start is with the link below.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Regardless of status, if you are not happy in a marriage, then take action to either terminate the marriage or resolve the issues (either with your spouse or with a counselor). You should take a good look at your underlying immigration status (prior to filing) and the date in which you filed to determine what is in your best interest.