NY state landlord tenant law, evicting boyfriend

Rome, NY |

MY BOYFRIEND LIVES WITH ME, ROME NEW YORK,I OWN THE HOME, HE DOES NOT RECEIVE MAIL HERE. HE DOES HELP FINANCIALLY $600 A MONTH, TO HELP WITH BILLS AND GROCERIES. I ASKED HIM TO GET A PLAN TO MOVE OUT 6 WEEKS AGO, HE AVOIDS THE TOPIC, AND HAS DOES NOTHING TO SEEK OUT A NEW PLACE.TONIGHT, I TOLD HIM HE NEEDS TO MOVE OUT. WE ARGUED, AND I FINALLY SAID IF YOU DONT MAKE A PLAN AND LEAVE I WILL MAKE A PLAN, BE OUT BY THE FIRST OF OCTOBER. HE SAID HE HAS RIGHTS AND I CANT JUST THROW HIM OUT.HE IMPLIES HE WILL NOT LEAVE. I SAID I TOLD YOU 6 WEEKS AGO. I HAVE TRIED TO FIND ANSWERS ONLINE AND SEE CONFLICTING INFORMATION. DO I HAVE TO EVICT HIM,? AND IF SO, HOW.
THANK YOU
CHERI

The easiest way (not the cheapest) is to let a lawyer do it for you. Get a landlord tenant lawyer. The less expensive but more difficult way is to go to the local landlord tenant court (probably in Rome NY City Court) and file the action yourself. If you are nice about it a clerk may tell you how to get the summons and complaint served.

Finally, DO NOT THROW HIS STUFF ON THE STREET. You could get in a lot of trouble. Next time if you think you may not want a roommate, don't take any money. It gives the roomie rights.