I have a small dental malpractice case based primarily on misdiagnosis and unnecessary pain and suffering and punitive damages. As this practice area is new to me, I am hoping someone who has been on the receiving end of mentorship might be kind enough to give some guidance as to the following questions:
1. should the initial demand ltr be on my letterhead or be from my client?
2. to what extent should the ltr detail my client's claim?
3. should the ltr include a settlement #?
4. as the claim is relatively small, should the ltr offer to resolve the claim without involving the def's insurance co? w/ respect to this, does it make any difference if the letter is sent under the client's name or my name?
5. should i have a cert of merit before sending the ltr?
THANK YOU FOR ANY THOUGHTS
Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.