Skip to main content

Notice of Relocation, Proposed Parenting Plan and Residential all filed and no objections within 30-days..Now what do I do?

Tacoma, WA |

I'm moving my children to Chicago and I've filed Notice of Relocation, Proposed Parenting Plan and Residential Schedule as well as Proof of Service. No objections have been filed during the 30-day window for objections. What do I do now to make things final? Do I file an Exparte Motion for Relocation along with Exparte Request for Order? Does there need to be a hearing date? I've met with the court facilitator and frankly it's still not clear.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Each county does it differently. If I were you, I would go into ex parte wiht the final Parenting plan na dorder on modification as well as a copy the affidavit of sevice and ask the Commisssioner to sign the final PP and modification orders.. The Commissioner may or may not want you first to note up a motion and give the opther party notice

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements


You should file proof of service as required by statute. Draft the order and parenting plan, and make a copy for your file. If you have a Pierce County order, you can take your orders to the ex parte courtroom on the first floor of the courthouse, and wait your turn. If the commissioner has any issues, he or she will give you direction on what you still need to do. If everything is correct, the orders should be signed right then. This page does not constitute legal advice. These pages do not constitute, nor do they create, an attorney-client relationship between Attorney Frank L. LaBare and/or Maple Valley Legal Services and any receiver. This site is governed by a Site Use Agreement that you accept by reviewing these pages. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with an attorney. If you send any confidential information to Attorney Frank L. LaBare and/or Maple Valley Legal Services and you are not a client of Attorney Frank L. LaBare and/or Maple Valley Legal Services , the information shall lose its confidential status. Furthermore, if the unsolicited information you send to our Law Office, and is beneficial to our clients and adverse to you, the information you provide may be used even if it is contrary to your interests

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer