Skip to main content

Notice of entry of judgment- date marital status terminates 05/21/10 ..does this mean i am divorce

Menifee, CA |

i filed divorce last october 15, 2009. he never respond to the paper he received. after about 6 mos of waiting. we filed request to enter default on the dissolution without child(ren)..

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Congratulations. Your divorce became final on Friday. You are legally divorced and have the ability to remarry if you so choose.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.


You are not divorced until a Judgment for Dissolution is entered by the Court where the papers were filed. A request to enter a default judgment is NOT enough. There is not automatic six month termination. You are NOT unmarried, and so free to remarry, without a Judgment. There is not enough information here to accurately advise. Seek an attorney's advice, unless you have seen a court signed and duly file stamped copy of a judgment granting a decree of dissolution.