Notice of appearance

Davie, FL |

I had been representing myself but recently hired an attorney. Does he have to file a notice of appearance with the court and notify the other party, or can he just show up for hearings without doing either.

He is supposed to file a notice of appearance, if he has not appeared by filing some other document. The standard is to file a notice of appearance.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

It's standard operating procedure for an attorney to file a notice of appearance on a case after you become their client. It lets all the parties in a case know that the attorney is representing you. It also lets everyone know the correct mailing address and phone number for your lawyer

Disclaimer: no communications on AVVO or email should be considered to have created an attorney-client relationship or be construed as legal advice. If there is no retainer agreement between us then I'm not your lawyer and you're not my client.