Skip to main content

Not really sure what to do.

Mobile, AL |

I have a lease on a house which im not currently living at. A friend of mine asked if he could stay there for 2 days and i agreed. He ended up staying there for 2 weeks without telling me. He didnt pay any rent and refuses two. How can i get my money?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Absent an agreement between you and your friend that requires him to pay rent, you probably aren't entitled to it. You can sue for ejectment if he is still in the property, and could bring a suit for trespass. In the trespass suit, you can claim that you have been damaged if you can somehow show the damages to the court.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Minnesota. Responses are based solely on Minnesota law unless stated otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer