Not my case...Can your attorney refuse to view Discovery in your case and not show client discovery as well.

Dallas, TX |

Discovery has been in attorney's presence for 3 months now...attorney has not viewed discovery, listened to 911 call or allowed defendant to review any evidence. Only says based on what they(prosecutors are telling me this is what they say happened.....) They are now wanting defendant to sign plea......Can this be one instance of Ineffective assistance??..

Filed under: Discovery

Have your friend discuss this with his/her lawyer. S/he is entitled to see the evidence. You should not be involved.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

They have discussed and requested several times...

If it is not your case, it is not good for the person you are talking about for you to discuss the case. Let the person involved talk to his or her attorney about it and ask questions.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

Criminal proceedings are between the accused, his lawyer and prosecutor. Any injection of information such as what you are doing is hurtful. Is your friend in a coma or incapable of communicating he or she demands to see the evidence or terminates the lawyer/. Plus you dont know what agreements there are already... I you actually cared you would not post on a free internet forum and call an Attorney to hire them for a consultation or second opinion... talk to Kenneth Weatherspoon up there... Those attorneys who don't run up costs and have big expensive staff are usually in Court all day and after you leave a message, will call you back in the evening if possible.

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. THIS IS GENERAL EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS ACTUAL LEGAL ADVICE. FOR LEGAL REPRESENTATION OR A CONSULTATION, PLEASE CONTACT OUR FIRM DIRECTLY. USE A GOOGLE SEARCH. WE CAN MEET NEAR YOU IF NEEDED AND YOU ARE LOCAL-- EVENINGS & WEEKENDS MEETINGS ARE OK! OR JUST CLICK ON MY NAME TO GET MY WEBSITE VIA THE BUTTON ON MY PROFILE. Mark my answer as BEST or HELPFUL if it is!!

Mr Kazaleh...person is in jail and attorney will not visit....you do not know what I have done don't judge.....i have set appointments for consults...

Edward James Kazaleh

Edward James Kazaleh

I don't appreciate that you are on a free general knowledge forum begging for knowledge while such actions may indeed be hurting the person involved. if there is such a horrible injustice, the lawyer needs to be fired by his client and likely sued. You will not accomplish that here. Call the ACLU. And, YOU are not the client who has the authority to make that instruction or judgment. If the person's case is being hurt deliberately by the lawyer (which I strongly doubt since it could also be a crime the attorney could get charged with), then THEN THE DEFENDANT involved (not an outside biased judger like you) needs to write the Judge and Court and give that notice of termination of counsel explaining why... or hire a new Attorney to do so and step in. No lawyer will ever return your call if you are accusing everyone and making enemies of those that try to help you. Three good experienced lawyers have written you the same thing and I even gave you the name of a very good socially conscious Attorney with decades of local experience. I guess that was your thank you to all of use who do this all voluntarily.