NOT ARRESTED, BUT NOW RECEIVED LETTER BEING CHARGED WITH EMBEZZLEMENT OF EMPLOYEE.

San Bernardino, CA |

NOT ARRESTED , BUT NOW RECEIVED LETTER SAYING I AM BEING CHARGED WITH EMBEZZLEMENT OF EMPLOYEE , NEVER GOT IN TROUBLE IN MY LIFE . WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN ?

the cash register did not work properly . void tickets always occured on every single shift.

Embezzlement has three elements the prosecution has to prove:

1. A relationship of trust with the victim
2. Entrusted with victim's property as part of this relationship
3. Fraudulently taking that property as your own with intent to permanently deprive the victim.

This will be a serious charge regardless of the amount. Crimes of dishonesty can make finding employment very difficult, regardless of the amount. With that said, if the value of the property is over $950, it will be deemed grand theft. If it's over $65,000, there is an additional 1 year in prison enhancement. Your lack of record will be a big positive, but it's impossible to give you an expectation of an outcome without more information.

You need a passionate, intelligent lawyer you can trust to get you through this charge. Feel free to call me anytime for a free consultation.

Best,

Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
t. 323.803.4352
f. 323.617.3838
www.iDefendLosAngeles.com
Nicholas.Loncar@iDefendLosAngeles.com

Ok how much are we talking here for a lawyer . 200.00 each time you go to cort.

Nicholas Milan Loncar

Nicholas Milan Loncar

I haven't encountered a criminal defense attorney who charges his clients per court appearance. Usually, fees will be either fixed (one price for the whole case) or hourly (between $150-$500 per hour) with a retainer. I can give you a quote for your whole case if you call or e-mail me with more information about your case.

on 1/25/13 I was told I was suspened till further notice. Then I wrnt in they told me I hd to many void tickets. They were gonna press charges. I went to the police station the cop asked.me if I took money they are sayinh its 6000 I did not take 6000 the casj register was not wrking correctly. I was thete a year exactly. I was robbed less than a month befor they fired me I never took one day off always on time alwauys worked my butt off. I worked three weeks straight not a day off . I feel that im being accused of stealing becuz of the cash r

Nicholas Milan Loncar

Nicholas Milan Loncar

I don't publicly post my flat fees. Contact my office directly and I'll give you a price.

ok thank you.

What happens really depends on a lot of things, most of which a lawyer can help you find out. It is important that you obtain representation as soon as possible. A lawyer can communicate with the prosecutor and determine the nature and extent of your exposure. You should find a lawyer you has experience in white collar crime.

Whats the cheapest lawyer I can get . ?

Robert Michael Wilson

Robert Michael Wilson

You should not focus solely on the financial aspects of the matter. Your liberty is at stake. Now is not the time to be penny wise and pound foolish. Meet with several lawyers and get a feel for what the cost and experience is for lawyers in your area. If you cannot afford a private attorney, a public defender will be appointed.

I thank you for your time.

This happens more often than people think. There can be in investigation and the DA can charge you with a crime even if you are not arrested. At this point you need an attorney. Depending upon the amount that was allegedly stolen you could be charged with a felony. Hire an attorney.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

It is hard to say what will happen without more information. You can look your case up on the San Bernardino County Superior Court website and see if you are being charged with a misdemeanor or felony. If it is only a misdemeanor, they will probably ask you to pay the money back and go on probation. If you are charged with a felony, it is harder to say. If they amount is under $10,000 or so, you are probably looking at some minimal jail time (that can be served on electronic monitor instead of actually being locked up), paying back the money, and probation. If the claimed embezzlement is high five figures or six figures, the prosecutor is more likely to ask for substantial jail time. Of course this all depends on the quality of the evidence and circumstances of the case.

I don't know how much this letter tells you, but you can get more information about your case by going to the San Bernardino Superior Court website and looking up your case. You can read a copy of the criminal complain online that will tell you if the charge is a felony or misdemeanor and how much the prosecution is alleging was stolen.

THANK YOU, YEAH ITS A MISDERMEANOR, AND THEY are saying its 6000 .

but its not

Forest Michele Wilkerson

Forest Michele Wilkerson

If it is a misdo, you probably don't have to worry about getting locked up, but you still need to be concerned about getting a criminal record and a conviction will get you stuck with paying back the $6K. I would be interested in hearing more about your case - I would bet there is some weakness in the case given that they did not charge a felony. Contact me if you are interested in a free initial consultation - we can probably sort out pretty quickly whether you really need an attorney and if so, how much it should cost. Call me at 760-777-4322 or contact me through my e-mail at forest@forestwilkersonlaw.com if you are interested.

ok thank you i will contact you tomarrow thank you for your time.