Skip to main content

No results matched your search for my son took an Alford plea on a Man.1 case.

Murray, KY |

He tried to pull his plea before sentencing but was denied. He has since won his appeal and is headed back to court. What are the chances that the DA and judge will make a more leinant deal?
thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to hire a good criminal defense attorney in your area, if you have not already done so. I assume he was represented by counsel when a decision was made to enter the plea to Manslaughter I. The prosecutor may reevaluate the case and make a more favorable offer or make an offer more harsh than the original. The judge is not involved in the plea negotiations. That is between the defense attorney and the prosecutor. Good luck.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


If he was able to get the Judge's denial of a motion to withdraw his plea reversed by the Court of Appeals, I cannot imagine the judge or the prosecutor being happy about that (depending on the circumstances). But, he definitely needs legal counsel to attempt to negotiate a new plea agreement or take the matter to trial. Good luck!

The answer provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship. This answer is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered a substitute for retaining an attorney who can investigate and analyze all the material facts of your situation.