Skip to main content

No drivers license, no insurance got into an accident and he was at fault, what can happen now?

Orlando, FL |

my daughter's roomate took the car last night to buy something at the grocery store, he didn't have license neither car neither insurance, and my daugther car didn't have insurance do to non payment. He got into an accident and it was his fault.

what can happpen to her right now, her car is really bad and she still making payments. As a mother I'm really worry because she never told me that she didn't have money to pay for the insurance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I don't know what they are; but insurers need to follow certain formalities in order to cancel a policy for non-payment. If they fail to do so, my understanding is that the "insured" can reinstate the policy retroactively by paying all premiums due. If I were in this situation, I would run my facts by Edrick Barnes in West Palm Beach. He is a whiz with insurance coverage issues.

Please visit our website at and watch our video. It is an eye-opener to most people who have no idea how much Planning they can actually do in their Estate Plans. If interested, contact us to inquire about special low cost monthly financing of your estate planning fee. You may be very surprised at how affordable a comprehensive estate plan for your whole family can be. The above answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon until you meet with an attorney and review all of your particular facts and circumstances. This forum does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Consult with a local lawyer to review the facts and circumstances of your case in greater detail. Answers to these types of insurance issues are highly dependent upon the specific facts and the specific law of your jurisdiction. Best to get local help. Good luck.


That will depend on whether she is legally cancelled for non payment of premiums and/ or the terms of her policy. There may be a denial of coverage for instance because she let a non licensed driver operate her car. There are too many variables to get a complete answer on this forum. She will need to talk with her insurance company, preferably after talking with an attorney that practices in the area of insurance coverage. The local bar association of the county she was in should be able to give you names of those who practice in that field, or use the Avvo tool to locate one.


There is a lot of case law on lapses, so contact an insurance lawyer to investigate

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer