Skip to main content

No Contact Order

West Palm Beach, FL |

I Petitioned for and was granted a temporary "no contact order" against my ex. Although it doesn't state whether he is to abstain from timesharing, it does state that he is not to go to the schools where the children attend. Does this generally mean that he does not have timesharing during the period of the order and isn't allowed to contact the children?


+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You know that in order to tell you what an order says we must read it. In order to comment upon it, we must read it. Hopefully, all of your questions will be cleared up when you have a hearing in the near future.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,



When I picked up the order today, they told me he's being served tomorrow but he is supposed to pick up the kids from school tomorrow. I'm bringing a copy to the school today. Just don't know what to do about the time sharing. It's his weekend.

Robert Jason De Groot

Robert Jason De Groot


The best thing to do is get counsel.


Need more information than you are giving. Generally, if the no contact order is for him to stay away from you he is still entitled to timesharing. You should contact an attorney and have him/her review what the order says.

The answering of this question is just friendly advise, and in no way legal advise, nor create an attorney-client relationship. For legal advise you should contact an attorney with detailed information about your situation, so he or she can better assist you. - Scott Weiss, Esq.


I agree with both of my colleagues, an attorney would need to review the order to be able to give you the answer to this question.

This answer is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for your particular case nor is it intended as legal advice. I have not reviewed your case nor have I met with you and the answer to this question does not in any manner whatsoever establish an attorney/client relationship.


I'm not sure what you mean by a "no-contact" order. If you mean a domestic violence injunction, it should specify whether there is any timesharing or not with the kids.

This response is to an unknown person and is for general information purposes only. Under the terms of AVVO policies, an attorney/client relationship is not formed by the answering of questions posted on a public portal. The attorney answering these questions may or may not have an attorney-client relationship with the opposing party. Other conflicts may exist with the person asking the question. A conflict check must be performed in order for the attorney to determine ifa conflict exists under the Rules Regulating the Florida Bar should the questioner desire to use the attorney's services.


It means exactly what the order says. If he has problems with it, such as it does not allow for him to exercise time-sharing, he needs to get something filed in Family Court.

Please understand that the information given is not to be construed as legal advice. More information would be needed in order to make a more accurate legal determination on your matter. Furthermore, an attorney-client relationship does not begin until a retainer agreement has been signed by the attorney and client.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer