Skip to main content

No communication between custodial parents

Denver, CO |

ex husbands new wife has cut off all communication between myself and my ex husband regarding our children. we have joint decision making. my ex husband is forcing me to go through our minor children for communication on children's schedules etc

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It is not appropriate to use the children as intermediaries. As a former judge, I can tell you that such would tick any judge off to no end. Tell your ex that if he won't communicate with you to co-parent, that you will get an attorney and file a Motion to Modify Decision-Making from Joint to Sole. He is not exercising his decision-making right now as it is anyway.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

David Littman

David Littman


You have not asked a question to which a response can be provided. To the extent that you want to discuss what to do about this sitution, it is a good idea to sit down was a family law attorney.


I agree with Mr. Leroi. He is an excellent attorney and he could help you navigate a difficult situation - you would be well served to call him.

You can reach Dave Rich at (303) 886-2516 or Dave Rich is an attorney licensed in Colorado. Answering your questions does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts in your case, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.


That is completely inappropriate.

Sit down with an experienced family law attorney to discuss the situation and any possible steps to take.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.