Skip to main content

NJ - can alienation of affection or intentional infliction of emotional harm be used against siblings?

Hackensack, NJ |

Hello, I have a schizophrenic but extremely functional brother that has been allowed to walk away from psych treatment decades ago. He has physically and psych abused me and this has caused a permanent rift between my parents, me and him and caused me to be written out of their will. Can I sue him for either alienation of affection or intentional affliction of emotional/psychological harm to get my share of things when it comes time to execute the will (which my parents made him executor on)?

One attorney simply answered "no" can I please have the reason why? Thank you. When the time comes, what can I do and how do I challenge him as being competent to be an executor since he is a clinically diagnosed schizophrenic ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3




No, and let's hope your parents live a long and happy life.



Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer