Skip to main content

New immigration law

Long Island City, NY |

i had a student visa and i lost my status and i have been arrested by immigration officers,i stayed 1 night in jail and i paid bond and left from jail

so this new immigration law will cover my status?
can i apply for it?
and when is new immigration law will be valid?

thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Given your circumstances, you should immediately seek out an experienced immigration law practitioner in your area. Use the Avvo find a lawyer function. You will need legal assistance and should not hesitate to start your search for an experienced immigration lawyer.

Good Luck

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. The answer given is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for contacting an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction and obtaining legal advice from such an attorney.


No one knows yet.


There is currently no new immigration law although people have been talking about it. However, there is something going on, known as Deferred Action for Chilhood Arrivals, DACA. Consult with an immigration lawyer to see if you qualify for it.


It all depends. First the law was not finalized and is not the law yet. But you should meet with an attorney to discuss your situation.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


We do not know exactly what the law will encompass or when it will be passed


You need to retain the services of an immigration attorney to assist you with this.


See links below:

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer