Neighbor threatening to remove and dump my personal on disputed boundary

Issaquah, WA |

Received notice form a neighbor with whom I have a property line issue dispute.
He is threatening to move my personal items stored and dump the items if I do not move them by end of the following day.

What kind of reply should I have to this neighbor? The property line dispute is over my attained right to this space thru an adverse possession as 10 years have passed.

Can you help me with this?
he is threatening to move my personal property and dump the items if I do not move them by end of the day saturday.

Can you help me with this?

I am guessing that you claim you have adverse possession and he claims you don;t but a court has not resolved the dispute yet.

I am also guessing that he has contacted an attorney and has been advised to be forceful in this situation to protect his rights and diminish your adverse possession claim.

You can try law enforcement but they will say it is a civil suit most likely and not get involved. Maybe not if you say you are contacting an attorney on Monday and you just want to keep the peace until the attorney can get to court.

Two approaches come to mind. One is to tell him to stay off your land with the same force that he told you to get off his. Maybe he is bluffing and has no stomach for further action. My preferred method though would be to tell him you will contact an attorney Monday and that the attorney and neighbor can work out the issues. You will probably find out who his attorney is in the process.

Try to keep a lid on the upset because he is your neighbor and depending on the situation, you may need his help someday and he yours. Boundary disputes with warring neighbors can truly diminish the quality of each owners life all for a piece of land that may not be as valuable as you think. Definitely pursue your rights if you really think it is yours by adverse possession but don't make it a cause celebre.

Adverse possession claims are very fact specific so it is not possible to say which one of you has a better claim. You will need to consult with a real estate attorney who is very well versed in that area. There are a number on your side of the lake. Hopefully they will respond to you here so that you have some names to call.

Thanks Mr Millsap for your thoughtful answer.

The comment that you may need your neighbors help oneday is a thought you may want to think about as you grow older. We have boundary issues as well, but with knowing our neighbors over the years, their genuine help has been work more than boundary issues! Definately would recondiser how much your neighbors help is worth more than boundary issues!

We had boundary issues as well. BUT, we have helped our neighbor sandbaging to keep their home from flooding. They have helped us SO MUCH offering rides to the hospital, etc. Being neighborly turns out is worth much more than boundary issues. We removed the fence that adjoined our neighbors home, we could care less about boundary issues now, as our neighbors HELP is worth more!

To "anonymous" : Listen, don't confuse your own life and situation with others'. Your trite and unsolicited "advice" is unwelcome. Please fly a kite.

Sorry you feel that way, this attorney pretty much told you the same thing: Try to keep a lid on the upset because he is your neighbor and depending on the situation, you may need his help someday and he yours. Boundary disputes with warring neighbors can truly diminish the quality of each owners life all for a piece of land that may not be as valuable as you think. Definitely pursue your rights if you really think it is yours by adverse possession but don't make it a cause celebre. much as the same thing quote:

Glad I am not you and your neighbor, 'go fly a kite' seems a bit trite. So glad we finally took out our fence and love our neighbors now anyways!

I think you sound stuck up!

This page is for comments and I was just trying to be friendly and helpful. So much for being friendly.......glad you are NOT my neighbor!

Dude why don't you shut the F Up.