Skip to main content

Neighbor inviting excessive guests and peering over wall (feels like invasion of privacy) at my property.

Hawthorne, CA |

if a neighbor has a tiny apartment (roughly 25 feet by 40 feet) and invites excessive amounts of guests (5-10 or more) and they all constantly peer over the wall at my property's driveway can i call the police? what about if the tenant or one of his guests tries to incite a fight with me by yelling something offensive or inciteful at me?

i guess you could say staring over the wall rather than just peering. This neighbor has a history of throwing litter on my side when i'm not home or not outside (seen him do it through peep hole in door). also, if this neighbor or his guests try to stare me down while i'm walking on my side of the property it feels threatening or menacing can i call the cops for that? and on two occassions the guests called me out using fighting words.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If threatened call police.

If you call police b/c someone looked at your driveway, you're probably overreacting.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.


Your driveway is probably open to public view, so peering over the wall into your driveway is not a violation of your privacy. Yelling at you is also probably not a violation of your privacy, unless they are making threats. That you should report to the police.
Contact the landlord and ask him for help controlling his tenant.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer