Skip to main content

Neighbor has equine rescue service next door. We are zoned A-70 . Is this a code violation or do I learn to live with it?

Ramona, CA |

Horses coming and going, lots of dust, flies . I paid $500,000 for my house, never thinking a rescue service would be next door. I live on a private road.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I suggest contacting your local planning/development department and asking if this action complies


Contact your local planning/development department and they can tell you what local codes allow. If there is a violation then you would report this to the same department as a code violation.


Check with your local planning department on what is allowed. Even if the horse rescue is not a violation, it must be done properly, and should not cause a health issue. So you may also want to check with your environmental health department.

This response is not to be construed as establishing an attorney-client relationship, and provides general information on the subject at hand only.


In your area, the type of use you describe could in fact be allowed. Sometimes, a special permit might be required. Check with your county and ask. They will tell you if it is allowed and if there were any permits obtained.