Need to sue walmart my grandson was "touched" by an walmart employee ..he is 12!! email me please

Hilton, NY |

20 days after my complaint the walmart asset spec. called to indicate they have fired the individual...i am assuming..as he could give no info on the toothless dude who ass slapped my grandson..i called a local discrm atty who wanted 400 to speak with me..okay goodbye toher~

thanks for the snarky answer..when someone asks a person to explain their problem..and they do so..don't berate me,,,additionally..i don't care who knows because walmart is a public behemoth who apparently does not screen their greeters!! don't ask for identifing info if you don't want it!!

Best Answer

First of all, posting personal identifying information in this or any other public forum is imprudent. Contact Avvo customer service to edit your post.

Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not a bulletin board to recruit an attorney nor to complain about those you have contacted.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

really perhaps you should read the commentary from those who use this site? another uninformed attorney! it clearly is a bulletin board to recruit an attorney!

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

Asker: you are simply wrong. the Avvo Q&A is a public forum for questions about the law and legal procedure. It is an interactive service area of Avvo in which your participation is governed by the Terms of Use, which provides in Paragraph 18 that " you further agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Site any of the following: 5. Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations, including without limitation any advertisements for professional services, professional service providers, or professional referral services;" I am hardly an uninformed attorney (check my contribution history), and your personal attack is highly inappropriate. 2. User Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, violate any applicable rules of professional conduct, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law; 3. User Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting any User Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such User Content as provided under these Site Terms; 4. User Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; 5. Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations, including without limitation any advertisements for professional services, professional service providers, or professional referral services;

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

I have been retained by persons that have posted here and I answered a question.

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

Of course, Mr. Palumbo. That is one of the important objectives of Avvo, and why we have profiles with endorsements and client reviews. One would hope Avvo users would assess the competence of Avvo volunteers at least partly by the quality of answers provided. But the Q&A is intended to be free of both attorney recruitment and client solicitation.

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

That's true Paula and while I don't, for the most part, solicit on the Q & A, I can easily be recruited. I may be easy, but I'm not cheap! :)

Unless you are the legal guardian of your grandson, you have no cause of action. It is up to the parents or legal guardian of a child to bring actions on the child's behalf.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Touched how? What are his damages? What are the facts? Walmart will claim the former employee was not acting within the scope of his employment and therefore Walmart is not liable for what he did.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

can you contact me on monday to discuss further? mrsa

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Feel free to email me at Eric@Rothsteinlawny.com

Contact a local personal injury lawyer to represent your grandson. The legal guardian either parent should b the one to institute the lawsuit.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

I understand your frustration. However, to prove liability against Walmart one would need to show more than an inappropriate or illegal interaction. I strongly recommend you contact an attorney to fully investigate this serious matter immediately.

PLEASE READ THIS DISCLAIMER * I very much like to offer my advice and guidance to those in need. It is why I became a lawyer. However, please note that I have not been engaged to be your lawyer so my advice is general in nature. Certainly, if you would like, please feel free to email or call me to further discuss the particulars of your situation (as many times it is not a good idea to provide a lot of information about your case on a public forum). * Hacker Murphy, LLP * 518.213.0115 * Rfinn@hackermurphy.com * http://www.hackermurphy.com/Attorneys/Ryan-M-Finn.shtml * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State (including New York City and Long Island). *

Consult with a NY persona; injury attorney who will give you a free consult.