Skip to main content

Need to get dvd from a weigh station of me falling in a pit had a camera in barn

Reading, PA |

TROOPER left me in pit and ran away to tower ( said to call for help but had cellphone with him also said he ran cause he was scared ) lawyer said it was broken ? WAS THERE A DVD FROM DAY BEFORE AND AFTER HOLDS THE SCENE OF ACCIDENT DID HE REMOVE IT WHEN HE WENT TO TOWER

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


This is not an immigration question.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Your narrative above is not very clear, but it seems that you have an attorney right now. If so, you should talk to your attorney about obtaining the DVD of the fall for you. If you do not have an attorney, you should look for an attorney in your area and discuss how to obtain this video quickly before it is possibly deleted.


Not an immigration question.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Your lawyer can request any available footage.


The way to get the recording is to file suit and then issue a subpoena. In the meantime, a spoliation letter should be sent, informing the custodian of the recording not to destroy same as it is evidence in an upcoming legal matter.

Disclaimer: Please note you should not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice. It is for general informational purposes only. Legal advice can only come from a qualified attorney after having had an opportunity to become familiar with all of the fact specific circumstances of a particular legal matter, and then to apply or research the relevant law.


If you have an attorney he should know what to do to get the necessary proof. If you do not have an attorney, get one.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer