Skip to main content

Need to find a form to have a criminal case dismissed. one has been filed in court and the other case has not been filed yet

Irving, TX |
Attorney answers 4


I have changed the practice area to criminal defense so you will get input from lawyers practicing in that area. As for your request, you are crazy if you think you can handle a felony charge with a form or without a lawyer for that matter. Even if you think the charge is bogus, you may end up in jail if you don't handle it correctly, and no offense, but you obviously don't know how to handle it or you would not be asking for a "form." Again, no offense intended. If you cannot afford a lawyer, then one will be appointed. Don't try this on your own, or the next communication we will be getting form you is one of those letter we lawyers get with a return address "unit x, Texas Department of Corrections."

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.


Cases are not dismissed based on a form. You need to hire a lawyer to represent you to see if anything can be done to gain a dismissal.

Cynthia Henley

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones


Absolutely correct.


Saorry, but no one here (or anywhere else, for that matter) is going to be able to help you with that. There is actually a "Motion to Dismiss" form, but that is a document that has to be signed and filed by the prosecutor before the judge will look at it. Even if you were to manage to get hold of one, it wouldn't do you any good. The idea is that your attorney convinces the prosecutor that for whatever reason (weak evidence of guilt, no probable cause for a traffic stop, a good aelf-defense claim on an assault, interests of justice, etc.), dismissing your case is the right thing to do. At that point, the prosecutor gets the form, fills it out, signs it, and submits it to the court for approval. So I think you've got some misconceptions as to how even very basic stuff like that works, and as the other attorney suggested, you really, really, really do need a criminal defense attorney representing you if you are charged with a felony. Good luck.


There is no such form. You need an attorney experienced handling felony drug charges. Most of us offer free consultations. I'd start calling around as soon as possible.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer