Skip to main content

Need to file suit against CPS/DSHS to overturn an illegal adoption of a Federally Recognized tribal child to illegal immigrant.

Seattle, WA |

Child is now 18 and has many questions regarding her illegal adoption to a mexican immigrant and why she was taken violently from her biological mother who is a Federally Recognized enrolled tribal member and child was enrolled expeditely to prevent adopting her out illegally. CPS Mexican social worker handled the process of the illegal adoption, Maria of CPS SEATTLE. They refused to talk to biological mom who went to get her baby back, an attorney and me. They slammed the little door on our faces and refused to talk to us. My daughter just turned 14, one month later she was taken by this mexican man and his mother both here illegally from mexico. They immediately applied for SSI for Maria, not even two days after her biological father was killed in Seattle. They abandoned Mari

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Is there a question you made a good detailed statement which I would agree with, you need to file suit with a lawyer of course.

Providing general answers are meant to help the poster to understand some complex legal concepts and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship.


To overturn an adoption, you will need to find a lawyer in the state that issued the adoption to decree to determine if the law relating to adoption of tribal children was indeed broken.


You should immediately contact an attorney who has done CPS cases. It’s always best to consult with a good family law attorney to discuss the details before you act. See my AVVO Legal Guides on CPS for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Although these Legal Guides are often informative, they are no substitute for legal advice from an attorney you have retained for consultation or representation. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "Contributor Level - View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Contribution - Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 31 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful” or “best answer”. © Bruce Clement

©Bruce Clement. This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about child custody law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer