Skip to main content

Need to file Notice of Pending Action what pleading document is needed to get judges ok so I can file@ recorders

Long Beach, CA |

I have filed my complaint to Quiet title, and know need to file Notice o Pending Action , since I do not have a attorney as of yet ,but lan on having one represent me during court I need a attorney's signiture or judges ok to record the Notice. I guess this is new procedure because the clerk at the court house told me to just file it at county recorders office and bring it back,however the recorders office said the same thing Im trying to explain here any help would be great thanks matt

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You are definitely correct to be thinking about retaining an attorney to help you with the Notice of Pending Action. (Lis Pendens). The statute requires exact compliance. For example, there are notice provisions, and if you do not correctly and timely give notice to the person impacted by the Lis Pendens, it can later become subject to being quashed. (Removed). The best course of action, therefore, is to retain a real estate litigation attorney. Best of luck.

THIS RESPONSE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. IT HAS BEEN PROVIDED FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Mann is licensed to practice in the State of California. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this educational exchange. Moreover, the facts provided by you were not sufficient to allow Mr. Mann to advise you specifically regarding what you should or should not do. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Mann is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter, or to take any action whatsoever.


This is a repost. See my answer to your prior question.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer