Skip to main content

Need referral to a lawyer who is licensed in both Florida and Texas...Auto Accident/Personal Injury

Gainesville, FL |

I was a passenger in an auto accident in Texas but a resident in Florida. Yes, I was injured and went to hospital by ambulance, but case could be complicated due to previous auto accident several years earlier. More details to a qualified lawyer upon request.
Thanks in advance!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7

Best Answer

You need a Texas injury lawyer and there is no need for that lawyer to be licensed in Florida. Your residence at the time has no bearing on your Texas accident case. I did want to point out that the lawyers on this forum will not contact you to ask for additional information at least as far as seeking representation of you for your case. You will need to find and contact an attorney of your choice, either through the Avvo tool, or another method like the other posters have suggested.


Use the AVVO "Find a Lawyer" function to locate an experienced TX personal injury attorney.


I agree with Mr. Schoen, use AVVO's "Find a Lawyer" tool. Good luck.


Use Find a Lawyer here.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


You can also try your local bar association and the American Association for Justice. Good luck.


You need a Texas attorney, not a Florida attorney. There is no need for dual admission. Your citizenship is not relevant except in a federal case, and even then, a Texas attorney would be advisable since the crash occurred in Texas, and the Erie doctrine mandates that Texas substantive law applies.

I am a Florida attorney who practices in the areas of personal injury, criminal defense, and civil rights. You can call me to arrange a free consultation about your case if it is in one of those three areas. My phone number is 407-463-3506. My answers on AVVO do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Your case must be evaluated in full in light of all all its complexities. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertising. Before you decide, ask the firm to send you free written information about the lawyer’s qualifications and experience.


Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated Avvo lawyer (10.0) with a low contingency fee (less than 30%) close to your home.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer