Skip to main content

Need my green card, Whats less expensive a fiance visa or getting married?

Dallas, TX |

My boyfriend is US citizen but he leaves in dallas and i live in torreon mexico, im trying to get my visa but also we're thinking to get married so i can stay with him but i want to do it legally, we don't have much money, we want to know what its best, getting married or get a fiancé visa We have a 1 month baby, we just want something faster and the best for the three of us, any advice would help us a lot and we'll really appreciate it thank you so much

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


The cost and timing is about the same. Marriage and then consular processing is slightly cheaper and you will have a GC sooner ad well.

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.


I agree. The immigrant and consulate processing route is the most suitable.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree with my colleagues. Fiancee visa path is rather long and expensive.


Bringing him in as your husband is cheaper, but will take twice as long to bring him to the US.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Marriage based visa as a spouse is cheaper and safer, however you may obtain fiance visa a bit faster.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as a legal advice. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016 Tel (212)880-1538


Fiance faster

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer