Skip to main content

Need information on warrant's for failing to submit paper work for a DUI.

Vista, CA |

Hello I am trying to get some information for my brother. He got a DUI in East San Diego County back in October 2012, he went to court & just pled guilty in December of 2012. He paid his court fine, completed his community service, & attened all his required AAA & MADD meetings. He forgot to submit all his paper work to the court by the due date a couple weeks ago & today he received a letter from the court that there is now a warrant for his arrest & to post a $5,000 bail. What should he due because he sure as heck does not have $5,000 to post bail. He did complete everything that was required by the court on time he just works nights & has an odd schedule & forgot to send it in. Thank you in advance for any advice.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


He needs to get with an attorney and have attorney help resolve this...

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.


He can hire a lawyer to clear the warrant for him ASAP or he can appear in court in person to request the warrant be cleared. He also can post the $5,000 bond to clear the warrant and then they will give him a court date he must appear at. He will need to provide proof of his completion of all the court ordered terms. He should take care of this right away to avoid being picked up on the warrant.

David M. Boertje, Esq.
(760) 476-0901

*Please note that this is not legal advice and in no way formed an attorney-client relationship*


This is one instance were retaining an attorney may be the least expensive alternative. An attorney can appear on your brother's behalf. Ensure that the attorney has all the paper work. Should be done quickly. Good luck.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


He can hire a local North County defense attorney to appear on his behalf to submit the paperwork and have the warrant recalled. Most attorneys offer free consultations, so he shouldn't hesitate to call and find out more about what can be done to get him back on track.

Law Office of Andrew Limberg, APLC 380 S. Melrose Dr., #329 Vista, CA 92081 (760) 806-4381


If he has the required proof, an attorney should be able to handle this matter in El Cajon on his behalf, without him even needing to appear in court. Most of us here on AVVO offer a free consultation. He should consider retaining an attorney that he feels most confident in to assist him in this matter.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at


Hire a locally experienced criminal defense attorney to assist by appearing on his behalf, attempting to recall the warrant, and provide whatever proof is absent from the court file.

Or he can pay roughly $500 to a bailbondsman, the warrant will be recalled, and he can go to court on the date provided.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555