Skip to main content

Need Immigration Attorney for MArriage paperwork.

Providence, RI |

I am looking for an attorney to help file immigration paperwork for me and my wife. She is from a different country. We currently live together, just finalized marriage through the State of Rhode Island. Medical Exam has been done. We’re looking to complete this process ASAP. Would prefer an Attorney within the State but open to other options. Please reply with rates. Thanks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Search Avvo, or for people in RI.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


you will not get rates on avvo. But you can certainly search for attorneys here or through

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


Google immigration lawyers in Providence, RI.

Go to "Yelp" and search for immigration lawyers in your area.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Sorry but attorneys do not give out rate information on this public forum. You may request a phone consultation based on information available on Avvo profiles. I would also caution you not to base your decision only on price. Attorneys work differently and you may find that one is a better fit than another.

I have a blog post in selecting a lawyer:

Good luck!

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.


Congrats on your marriage. Filing ASAP is important but getting all your "T's" crossed and "I's" dotted prior thereto when submitting an application for a benefit to USCIS is no small matter and therefore quick is often not a good idea. Find competent counsel that knows what their doing and can exercise the due diligence with you wife's file and then when all is in order and ready to file to submit the application to the right location. Now, I'm not in RI and although I have client's throughout the US I understand your request. As the other colleagues have already mentioned, use the search engines or professional website to surfe and find you the best fit for you. Good luck.


I highly suggest using the attorney search options available through AILA is the primary professional organization for immigration attorneys, and almost any good immigration attorney will be an active member of AILA in order to keep up on the latest developments in the field. (Think of it as being like the American Medical Association would be for a doctor.)

One note on price -- I always recommend calling more than one attorney to see whom you feel most comfortable with. And do not just select one based on the lowest price -- these matters are so important that it is worth spending the money in the short term to help ensure a secure future for your family for decades. Think of an experienced immigration attorney as an investment that will pay off many times over.

This answer constitutes general advice and does not constitute specific legal advice, nor create an attorney/client relationship.