Skip to main content


Brooklyn, NY |

Hi I'm petitioner for my sibling for I-130 to immigrate him to U.S. as member of my family, I know for know its not required to file G-325 along with I-130. But I decide to file it along with I-130 G-325 as well. So I went into the uscis web site to download the form G-325, here is the confusion comes. Which one of those is appropriate for Me and my Brother G-325, G-325A, G-325B, G325C ? which one of this form should I file for both of us ? and I think I have to file two G-325 forms one for me one for him, am I right ? any advice appreciated thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You, the petitioner and your brother, the beneficiary, should both complete, sign and submit a G-325A and attach them to the I-130 petition. I would also recommend consulting a qualified immigration lawyer for assistance. Good luck.

Stanley P. Walker

Stanley P. Walker


Mr. Behar is correct, and I retract. I will use this humbling moment to point out this is precisely why you should consult with an immigration attorney for the best guidance on how to proceed. I've been doing this for quite a while and I think I'm very thorough at what I do. Apparently, I'm a little too thorough because I have been doing something for years which on closer inspection, is apparently not necessary.


You are only required to file a G-325 when filing a petition for your spouse. Period. One is clearly not needed in your situation. Please don't create any needless complications to yourself and petition.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


The form has very detailed instructions on

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


There is no need to file the G-325 as it is not required for the petition that you have filed. There is no benefit to be gained from submitting it, and you could cause problems for yourself instead.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer