Skip to main content

Need car out of impound, but I don't have the open title!

Glendale, AZ |

I bought a car, title was signed by previous owner and had open title, I left the car with a friend of mine to work on it, while someone was driving it they got arrested, car is now impounded and I can't get the title. What do I need to do to get my car back???? Please help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Why don't you just take the title to the local MVD office and have it put in your name? Otherwise, talk to the impounding authority about what they need to prove ownership. Purchase papers, possession of the title document, prove of payment of the purchase price, proof of insurance, affidavits etc.

The above "answer" is for discussion purposes only and is neither intended as legal advice nor to create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is not created until after an in person consultation and I agree in writing to provide representation. I am licensed solely in the state of Arizona. You should consult with a knowledgeable attorney in your jurisdiction.