Skip to main content

Need an agreement to purchase unclaimed assets without disclosing location of assets

Boca Raton, FL |

or amount

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Interesting idea. Before considering this, I would make sure that the state in question will honor your purchase. I am not sure that they would. Obtaining unclaimed assets is often difficult enough for the family members. I think that if you determine that they WILL accept such an arrangement, that you will need to have a lawyer draft a contract. You are not likely to find a "form" for this online.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!


Please consult an attorney in your area to guide you in this endeavor. As the previous poster stated, this is indeed a very interesting idea, but you need a lawyer to guide you.


I have drafted a number of asset purchase agreements, but nothing like this. You should hire an attorney to (1) consult with, generally, about the deal and possible obstacles and (2) to draft the contract.

Jonathan Pollard

My response to this question is a response to a hypothetical situation based on limited facts. I am not your attorney; you are not my client and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. If you need a lawyer, you should contact one in your area. If you would like to talk with me about your case, you can call my office.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer