Avvo Questions & Answers

Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.

Question

Need advice from a Florida real estate fraud lawyer. WHo do I sue for selling my property in Florida without my consent?

I live in Illinois. I was co-owner of a piece of land in Florida that was sold without my knowledge 10 years ago. (After the co-owner died this year and the property didn't go to me I was able to track down a Quit Claim with my forged signature and that is how it was sold.). A notary ok'd my signature on the Illinois law firm paperwork--then I found that a few months later a Florida title company got the land. I am currently waiting a decision from the Secretary of State Index Dept as well as the coordinating investigation from Secretary of State Department of Police on the fraud/forgery that has taken place. Clearly I would not give up land worth so much money and as it is not my signature at all I am confident that will be prove as the SOS is actively dealing with it and the Notary. When I learn that there was indeed a forgery--who do I sue? What type of lawyer can handle this? I understand the Notary will lose his commission, but that the law firm he was employed by and handled this person's will could be at fault, as well as the title co. who did not do due diligence. I am blindsided by this family members intent to swindle me, and so much incompetence.

| 5 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer

Sponsored Listings

Loading content