Skip to main content

N400 expedite request for oath ceremony, possible?

Cortland, NY |

Expedite N400 for oath ceremony.
Asked 20 minutes ago - Cortland, NY
N-400 Naturalization US Citizenship USCIS
I passed my interview on 10/02/2013 and I didn't get a letter for oath ceremony. My mom is very sick and needs one one help and I need to go abroad to help my mom as soon as I got my oath ceremony and also my husband will go for a sabbatical in early December . Can I write for expedite request? How should I write and what should I include? Will they accept or should

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You have certain options including requesting an earlier old ceremony dates. I would make an info pass appointment going in and speak to an information officer and he can explain to them the reasons why you would like an old ceremony earlier and I would bring the documentation regarding your mothers illness. If you can't still get next bedizen ceremony I would speak to an attorney to assist you in this matter

Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.


As my colleague suggested, you can schedule an infopass and explain your situation. If they are not willing to schedule you to take the oath asap, then travel with your green card (make sure you let them know you will be away). Good luck!

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.


As my colleagues pointed out ... you can go to an InfoPass and ask.

Be sure to have a doctor's letter proving that your mom is super-sick.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer