Skip to main content

N-400 Spouse Immigration Status

Los Angeles, CA |

I'm filling out a N-400 to apply for naturilazation here in the USA. Where it says "Spouse Immigration status" what should i put

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you are married and your spouse is a citizen, put citizen.
If you are married and your spouse has a green card, put LPR.
If you are married and your spouse has a non-immigrant visa, put the type of non-immigrant visa.
If you are married and your spouse is in US without status, put "no status".

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.


Whatever his status is. If no status then you say undocumented or overstay whatever the case may be.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


The truth.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.