Skip to main content

N-400 Residences further clarification needed

Kennesaw, GA |

Continuation of earlier question. I moved from my original residence in Jan 2012. I changed my mailing address, driver's etc to my mother's address. At the same time, I found a room to rent close to my school which is in the same state as my my mother's house. I set my mother's address as my residence because I considered the rental to be very temporary and did not want to go through the process of changing my address again.

1: I filed the AR-11 with my mother's address about 6 months after the move. Is the delay problematic?

2: I used my mother's address for Part 4 as my home address. For Part 6, I included my mother's and then my rental address - both with dates of 01/12 to current. Should I include an addendum page to explain the temporary residence or just list it as described?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Whether you explain in an addendum or explain at the interview, the important thing is that the information is complete.

This answer provides only general information and may not be relied on as legal advice. For more information about immigration law and policy, please visit or follow us on twitter (@lauralichter) or facebook, www.facebook/lichterimmigration. To find an immigration lawyer in your area, log on to Listed attorneys have been members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the nation's premier bar association for immigration lawyers, for at least two years, comply with annual continuing legal education (CLE) requirements and carry malpractice insurance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer