Skip to main content

N 400 - Separate sheet of paper?

New York, NY |

For Question 6 A & B, i.e residence and education.

The information for my 5 year period is too big to fit in the space (Table) provided in the form.

I see there is a option to fill the information that does not fit in on a separate sheet of paper on a table I make on the separate sheet of paper.

My Question: Is it OK if I answer the entire question on separate sheet rather than have half answer on form and half answer on separate sheet,

want to put the entire answer on the separate sheet to make it less confusing and neater, and make a note in one of the cells provided on the form that says.

"For answer to part 6.a please see sheet attached (sheet 1)"

Want to make sure this approach is not wrong?

Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Your question regarding answering "the entire question on a separate sheet" is a little unclear. The option to fill information on a separate sheet of paper is to provide information regarding your 5 year period, that cannot fit on the application sheet itself. It should not be used as an extensive narrative describing your trip.

Regarding your application for citizenship, If done this correctly, you may only have to this once in your life. You should consult with an attorney to resolve any issues that you may have. Good luck.

Glen Raj, Esq
22 Cortlandt St. 16th Floor
New York, NY
877-670-5744, Ext 1

Call (877) 670-5744 for a free Consultation. The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Glen Raj Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.



Thank you, what I meant is, rather than having half information on n-400 and other half on sheet, can I just have it all on the sheet and make a small note in one of the cells of n-400 saying "For answer to this please see sheet attached", is that ok to do?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer