Skip to main content

My wife won money at the casino and it is marital property how do I find out about the winnings.

Clinton, IL |

I am going to be filing for divorce and my wife won a large sum at the casino how do I find out time date and exact sum of the winning. And is there anyway to get those assets frozen until the divorce is final.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you are planning to file for divorce, you need to do that sooner rather than later. If you wait too long, you could have major problems or be totally out of luck. Have your attorney handle the discovery necessary to learn about the winnings and whethr they can be frozen.


subpoena the records from the casino. your lawyer can do this for you.

J. Richard Kulerski

J. Richard Kulerski


Excellent answer.


You need to find an aggressive attorney in your area to obtain the records. Gary is right. The records can be subpeaoned from the casino.Time is wasting. Gamblers spend it as fast as they win it.

Avvo divorce email series

Sign up to receive a 10-part series of useful information and legal advice about the divorce process.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer