Skip to main content

My wife wants a divorce she wants the house and full custody i would like to have full custody what should i do

Denver, CO |

ive always takinncare of my children and have always been there for my wife and kids needs and i have never had any troubles with the law and have always been a great father

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If your children are important to you, you cannot afford to try to play lawyer. If your wife wants a divorce and you disagree about custody, you need to hire an experienced family law attorney to represent you.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.


Just because someone wants something, it doesn't mean they will get it. You really should try to consult with an attorney.

@KTarrinEsq (Twitter) The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.


I am sorry to read of this. You need to sit down with an experienced family law attorney to understand the landscape over which you are about to travel. It's not easy and when children are involved, it's possibly quite emotional and frankly, ugly.

Feel free to give my office a call. We'd be happy to talk to you.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.