My wife sells counterfeit goods.ice has been in the house. She lied to them. Will they come back and about how long before.

Tampa, FL |

What a strange question! You hope your wife will be deported for counterfeiting. We can't predict ICE enforcement schedule.We don't know enough facts. Call ICE and ask them.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

I agree with my colleague that this is a strange question. I also think that you fail to comprehend your personal exposure here. First, from an economic perspective, your marital estate may be liable for your wife's debts----if she is found liable for civil or criminal penalties, the assets belonging to the marital estate can be used to satisfy the judgments. Second, you seem to admit that you know that your wife has been selling counterfeit goods. If so, you could be charged with aiding and abetting criminal misconduct. My strong advice to you is to retain criminal defense counsel as soon as possible. When you realize that your personal liberty and money may be at stake, you will not be so happy about the prospect that your wife will be deported.

A crime involving moral turpitude such as theft can lead to deportation depending on the circumstances. However, depending on your own immigration status and involvement with your wife's activities or receipt of funds from her illegal business dealings, you may become legally entangled in this yourself. I would consult with an attorney to discuss the potential legal consequences you may be exposed to. However, despite your marital relationship you can shield yourself by renouncing the illegal conduct of your wife, which it seems you have done. If you wish to pursue a divorce than I suggest you retain a local family law attorney. Best of luck to you in your unfortunate circumstances. Krista L. Thompson, Esq 305-905-4464

Krista Thompson

Krista Thompson

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in FL, so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.