Skip to main content

My wife is working but refuses to pay any household bills stating it is my problem now. Isn't she still responsible?

Indianapolis, IN |

We filed for divorce in December on the same day I lost my job. Since then she has not paid any bills (except her credit card) saying its my problem. I have gone thru my last paycheck, savings account and 401K to keep food on the table, electric, water and mortgage paid. With two young children involved, I am in survival mode. In the meantime, she has been putting money in savings - now she wants me to take our $6000 in CC & attorney debt after the divorce. Is there a form or rule saying she needs to help or move out?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to seek a provisional order from the court which requests that your wife helps to pay the marital obligations.