Skip to main content

My wife is sponsoring me for a green card. She is U.S Citizen, i am here in U.S.A on student visa.

Chicago, IL |

Also, i am working Full time with reputed comapny in U.S.A. So, for I-864 (Affidavit of support) can i use my income too or i have to use my wife's only?

Please advise me ,, thanks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


if your wife earns enough to qualify as your sponsor then you do not need to include your income but if you need to include yours to meet the poverty guidelines then do so.

Please be advised this answer is for informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been formed. You should also see a local attorney for legal advise before acting on any of the statements given to you online as there may be aspects of your case that are not obvious by the question asked online.



how can i check weather she is qualified or not? is there a limit?


I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You do not mention whether or not you are authorized to work. If you have an EAD based on OPT or CPT and are authorized to work for your current employer than your income can be included on the I-864. If your work is unauthorized then it may not be included.


Elizabeth Rompf Bruen
Scott D. Pollock & Associates
105 W. Madison Street, Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 444-1940 (phone)
(312) 444-1950 (fax)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer