Skip to main content

My wife has falsely accused me of abuse. Can I get custody of my children because of alienation of a parent?

Beckley, WV |

My wife filed a false Domestic Violence Petition against me back in October. Since then, she has tried everything to discredit me and keep my children from seeing me. In mid-December, the Family Court granted me visitation rights on the weekends. That lasted for 3 weeks, and then my wife dropped the petition so she could keep me from seeing my children (No visitation rights).

I filed for divorce on March 13th, 2012. Is it possible for me to get custody of my children (17 and 9 years old) because of my wife's prolonged efforts to keep me from seeing my children?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


False child abuse accusations can be a factor in determining child parenting/custody in West Virginia. You should seek the advice of an attorney who deals in child custody and divorce cases.

This reply is for informational purposes only and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship. You should consult an attorney for any legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer