Skip to main content

My wife has a imigration hold?

Laredo, TX |

she had a warrant for failure to appear, but we never received any noticefor the court date. its for a dwi.
will she be deported

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Possibly. She will definitely need an immigration attorney helping her in addition to a criminal defense attorney trying to beat the DWI.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


DWI and immigration is a mixed bag these days. All the more reason why an immigrant who is charged with DWI needs an immigration lawyer.

I am moving your question to the immigration area so you may get some better answers.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.


Possible. She must hire an experienced attorney asap

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer