My wife didnt want to go with me to my Green card interview

Phoenix, AZ |

Hello sir
I was looking for a good attorney for my case , which is (Green Card) and this is a summery / brief of my story :
I came to USA through K-1 Visa , I am 24 years old and my Wife 41 years old , shes a citizen here , we got married here after about 10 days I got here
After 7 months things didn’t work between us and she didn’t want to go with me to my Green card Interview which was 09/23/2013 , she o I moved from her house before the Interview by 6 days of the date of the interview which is 09/17/2013 , and I asked an attorney for a consultation , and he told me to file a divorce before that she does , and that’s what I did so I filed a divorce in 09/19/2013 (4 days before the interview ) , and now I have my WORK PERMIT and my social and everything , I just still waiting for them

hello sir / Mistress/ Madam

First of all, not all attorneys are 'sir.' You do need a good attorney to get you out of this complicated situation. May be you should hire that attorney who advised you to get a divorce. Good luck.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

sorry mistress / madam :) it was just a begining of the letter :) no insults :) ....all respect :)

Aneliya M. Angelova

Aneliya M. Angelova

All is good :) don't worry. Hire an immigration lawyer before it is too late.

Can I know how much time do I need before its too late , because I moved from my ex wife house and I didn't provide them by my new address because I am just living there temporary (not my appartment) and I just have an ups mailbox that I depend on it , is it a good idea to give it to them because I didn't go to the first interview and it was 45 days ago and they didn't even update my status in the website or contacted me , I think they contacted my ex because she's the one that provided them by her number from the beginning ? What do you think mistress /madam ?

Why aren't you hiring the attorney that you paid for a consultation?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

because I just hired him for divorce , plus his answers was not enough for me to hire him and to talk all the way in with him

The attorney would not be able to substitute the wife at the interview. Divorce would not resolve you problem. It must have not been an immigration attorney who gave you an advice otherwise.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

so whats your advise sir ?

Lawyers are both male and female. Best bet is to call one of the above lawyers to discuss in full