Skip to main content

My wife (US citizen) is saying she will not go to the interview (greencard) which is scheduled in three week. What can I do?

Roswell, GA |

I came to the US on a student Visa and have been here for 10 years. My wife and I have been married for 3 years. We are currently separated and she said she is not going to the interview which is scheduled on January 7th 2013. She also wants a divorce. I've been told I can file a self-petition. I only have two affidavits, one from her cousin and one from a school official. I am generally a reclusive person so though people can see I was stressed, I never voiced the detailed nature of what I was going through. I know that her not showing for the interview exemplifies another abusive move, along with numerous times she threatened to divorce me throughout the marriage. I have one misdeamonr charge (3 years ago) which she never failed to mention throughout the marriage.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to speak with an attorney to discuss your options based on your particular facts and to see if you can move forward based on emotional abuse.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.


you absolutely must meet with an attorney as-soon-as-possible.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer