Skip to main content

My VISA type class is (R) BBBCV. I did not receive an I-94 when I arrived. I'd like to know how long I can stay.

San Diego, CA |

My VISA was stamped with date of entry, but no required departure date.

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

Do you mean its a (R)egular visa, and it is a B1/B2/BCC? If that is the case, 30 days, after which, you begin to accumulate unlawful presence and if you accumulate more than 180 days, you will be inadmissible for 3 years. If you accumulate more than 1 year, you will be inadmissible for 10 years. You can apply for an immigrant waiver during that time if you qualify.

The answers provided should not be considered legal advice. They are for general information only. It is always recommended you consult with an attorney prior to taking any action.


What is (R) BBBCV?

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.