Skip to main content

My visa is expired in 2 months and i am out of status since 2 years on F1 Visa, so how can i extend my visa n study again?

Chicago, IL |

i am out of status since 2 years and then married here with citizen girls last year in April 2012 but this year in April 2013 we separated before i file my green card so now my actual visa expired after 2 months so now do i start my study again or do you have better suggestion?

Thanks for Reading My Case

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Consult with an immigration lawyer and tell the lawyer everything. The lawyer will be able to make suggestions to you.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


You should seek professional legal advice. Some resolution is possible at times but not always.
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St Ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.


I agree with my colleagues. You should consult with an attorney who may be able to offer some solutions.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.


You may not need to start studying again. In fact applying for a student visa might be dangerous! These are important cases. You can get them handled with a good immigration attorney.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.


It is extremely unlikely you can get your F1 reinstated. Since you are out of status you cannot extend or change your status. The date that your visa in your passport expires does not determine the period of your authorized stay in the U.S.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer