Skip to main content

MY vehicle is in both my and my wife's name. How do I trade it in without her signing off on the trade?

Bloomsburg, PA |

My wife does not want me to buy a new vehicle. I want the new vehicle. My present trade in vehicle is in both our names. She will not sign off on it. How do I get around this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You don't. You cannot sell property that belongs to another, even if it is partially owned by you, without that person's consent.


This is something you don't "get around." Consider your wife's reasons and try to find out a way to address her concerns. You don't have a legal issue.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer