Skip to main content

My USC wife does not have tax return but i have a USC sponsor that makes enough income. Do my wife still need to fill i864 ?

Bowie, MD |

i dont want her to fill the i864 so the immigration officer does not need to ask for her tax return cos she only stated working about 2months now.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

If she does not have tax returns because she did not work previously, that's ok but she still needs to file an I-864 form. She should also submit an employer letter and/or pay stubs if available.

Attorney Jennifer Ahn's answer is to provide general information only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. The content of this answer is not intended to substitute accurate legal advice, which is relevant to all the facts and circumstances of your specific case. This answer does not create an Attorney-Client relationship. (847) 297-9200


As the petitioner whether she had income or not she has to fill out the form along with your co sponsor.


Since she is petitioning you, she must complete form I-864.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.