My Unemployment is being withheld

Bridgeport, CT |

My unemployment is being with held due to my status, until I get all the necessary documents . I have been working for 7 yrs with the company that laid me off and my employment was based on my social security cared which had a print on ," for Employment only." Now I have lost my social and I have been from one lawyer to another working on my immigration under abused marriage a I-360 of course. And my status is not up to date ...since my case is a Vawa which I have noticed will take long for me to get EAD and I-485. I don't know how to get my money I worked for and they said I can be filling via phone but my money (check) won't be mailed till I get all my immigration work in order. Any Idea of how I can go about this any other way?

Best Answer

Let me begin by stating that I practice employment and labor law, not immigration law. As an employment lawyer I regularly handle matters coming before the Connecticut Department of Labor's - Employment Security Division. If you could provide me with copies of the documents you received concerning your U.C. benefits, I would then be able to properly advise you with respect to only the U.C. matter. Good luck and best regards, Rob Fortgang - Employment Law Attorneys / 860-658-1055 / 800-932-6457 / rob@fortgangemploymentlaw.com / We can Help.

Robert M Fortgang

Robert M Fortgang

I'm pleased to see that Mike Hafkin has weighed-in on this question. He is the guy to go to for assistance with your immigration paperwork concern.

Thank you so much I'll be in touch with both .

If you need to show to Unemployment that you are presently authorized to work and have a pending I-360, you may file an I-485 application with an I-765 application to receive an Employment Authorization Document. Please feel free to contact me if you need help.