Skip to main content

My two children 7 and 12 were served champagne by mistake at a restaurant, me as well, I am fifteen years sober. What can I do

Chatsworth, CA |

We were doing the wedding toast and several times I asked, are you sure there is no alcohol in this, I was assured several times that it was apple cider, it was champagne and my children and myself drank it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This is not a sound basis for a civil lawsuit for damages. There were no injuries or consequences (sufficient for you to have mentioned).

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.


Let it go. Not worth suing over.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.


Presumably, no one was injured; aside from some emotional angst. If this is the case, simply tell management and let it go. However, this shouldn't be so cavalierly dismissed. If this was known, you have witnesses to corroborate, and you and/or your children have genuinely been harmed then immediately speak witn counsel. Remember, innocent mistakes with no harm should be forgiven.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


Although the acts are below the standard for restaurants, unless there is an injury, I do not believe that there is a remedy to seek from the restaurant. However, alcohol is regulated by the Alcohol Beverage Control (the ABC) Department. If you report the incident to the ABC, then the retaurant may require greater vigilance with its alcohol dispensing in order to maintain its liquor license.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer